About Me

My photo
Northglenn, Colorado, United States
I'm primarily a BI Developer on the Microsoft stack. I do sometimes touch upon other Microsoft stacks ( web development, application development, and sql server development).

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Signing your PowerShell script

I got an error "File ... cannot be loaded. The file ... is not digitally signed. The script will not execute on the system. Please see "get-help about_signing" for more details.." when starting PowerShell today, after installing the new Windows SDK.

So, I scrambled to find a solution on how to make a certificate and sign it to a PowerShell script. On Scott Hanselman's Blog: http://www.hanselman.com/blog/SigningPowerShellScripts.aspx 
he shows a easy to follow step by step on how to do so.

 

P.S. 

I also had to rest my Home directory.

No comments: