About Me

My photo
Northglenn, Colorado, United States
I'm primarily a BI Developer on the Microsoft stack. I do sometimes touch upon other Microsoft stacks ( web development, application development, and sql server development).

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Some tips on BizTalk 2004 to remember.

So here is a list of things that solved some of my errors that I have been having in developing a
BizTalk 2004 application.

1) I was having some trouble in developing maps for 2 of them. I then decided to use an external XSLT instead. I started getting un inforormative errors like unexpected ":" and missing ";" in the btm mapping on line 8 and 9. These errors of course made no sense, since there were no line 8 or 9. I knew the problem had to be in the XSLT. The probelm ended up being that I had to get rid of the Version = 1.0 attribute and a var declaration that I had in the xml:stylesheet declaration. This is what the line should of been:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" xmlns:userCSharp="urn:userCSharp"
exclude-result-prefixes="msxsl userCSharp">

<xsl:output method="xml"
omit-xml-declaration="yes" /> <xsl:template match="/">


2) When writing scripts that use that same functions over and over again, then make a external assemblies. I also made the assembly version hard coded, so that when I change the scripts I don't have to worry about resetting the maps.

1 comment:

William Andrus said...

Okay, that part is wrong. I need the version number to have the transformation work correctly. I changed it to: <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" xmlns:userCSharp="urn:scripts" exclude-result-prefixes="userCSharp" version="2.0">
and seems to work correctly now.