About Me

My photo
Northglenn, Colorado, United States
I'm primarily a BI Developer on the Microsoft stack. I do sometimes touch upon other Microsoft stacks ( web development, application development, and sql server development).

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Past week...

So, I've been busy on two seperate projects, one with asp.net concurrency and bug fixing; the other with mapping schemas in BizTalk 2004.

The concurrency problem had an interesting solution. We used the timestamp in the database to check for a change before conmitting the updates. My other bugs where as always easy and stupd mistakes.

The biztalk conversion wizard for converting BTS2002 to BTS2004 didn't want to work for me, but it did give me the information that I needed. So I have the old maps and schemas, of course they are not sane mappings. The schemas use lots of attributes and multiple nodes in the destination schemas, which made me convert alot of visual basic into C# inline code, and use xslt in complex mappings.

No comments: