About Me

My photo
Northglenn, Colorado, United States
I'm primarily a BI Developer on the Microsoft stack. I do sometimes touch upon other Microsoft stacks ( web development, application development, and sql server development).

Sunday, May 21, 2006

We want no postbacks

Well last week I had to quickly redevelop the web forms I developed to implement no postbacks. The forms we are developing has several fields and to do a post back on each one would slow the webpages down. So the solution was simple enough of switching out asp image button with a old style html input button. Now we can open a new window without postback and send back information into a textbox field with out any slow downs.

P.S. I have a complaint about about browsers and W3C, to center a page you have to use the attribute "style" with the left and right width to auto. The thing is that this doesn't work in the browsers (IE and Firefox). So while in VS 2005 I made a div tag with the attribute 'align' sent to center, but this of course gives a warning that this technique is out dated. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No comments: